Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake Copycat Recipe
The verdict was it was very delicious, although not an exact match to the Olive Garden, close enough to satisfy our needs. This cake gets a better flavor the longer it chills in the fridge. You may want to make this ahead of time and let it chill for a few hours before serving.
1 white cake mix, prepared
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp. butter
- Prepare cake as directed in a 10″ round cake pan or a 10″ round spring form pan.
- Blend cream cheese, powered sugar, and lemon juice together. In a medium bowl, whip heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks. Gently fold into cream cheese mixture and blend by hand. Chill until ready to add to the cake.
- Mix flour and powered sugar in small bowl. Crumble butter in and dribble in vanilla extract. The crumbles should be no larger than pea size. If you have trouble crumbling mixture, chill for a few minutes. Chill until needed.
- After cake is cooled, cut in half. Spread cream cheese mixture, saving 1/2 cup, on bottom half and carefully place top layer back. Spread rest of cream cheese mixture on the sides of cake. Press crumb topping into sides gently. (We only added it to the top)
5. Chill for 3 hours. Cut into 12 slices.