Instant Pot French Onion Soup
Instant Pot French Onion Soup gives you all those classic flavors in this French onion soup recipe. Beefy broth, onions, and cheese. Instant Pot French Onion Soup is so easy to make!
- 5 large sweet onions
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 5 tbs butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese
I caramelized my onions on the stovetop first. You can do this in the instant pot on saute.
- Melt butter and mix with olive oil
- Cook on medium to low heat stirring often for 10-15 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp sugar
- Continue cooking on low for 30 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
To make the Soup:
- Add Caramelized onions to your instant pot.
- Stir in Broth and wine
- Add bay leaf and thyme
- Cook on manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
do a quick release
- Turn your oven on broil
- In oven-safe bowls add onion soup.
- Add a slice of a Baggett Top with cheese
- Place in broiler until cheese melts about 2-3 minutes.
YIELD: 6 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 306TOTAL FAT: 19gSATURATED FAT: 10gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 7gCHOLESTEROL: 47mgSODIUM: 986mgCARBOHYDRATES: 22gFIBER: 3gSUGAR: 14gPROTEIN: 11g