Easy Black Bean Rice Vegetable Tacos
No one will even miss the meat with these hearty, filling, and delicious Black Bean, Rice & Vegetable Tacos. Pair with corn tortillas, fresh diced tomato, shredded cheese, and sour cream for a healthful dinner that you’ll need to make once more! They’re the right vegetarian recipe for Taco Tuesday.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 bell pepper, chopped (red, orange, yellow, or green bell pepper)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 bag (10 oz) shredded cabbage (about 3 cups shredded cabbage)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup ready-to-serve-Minute brown rice
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed (I use garlic paste)
- corn tortillas & taco toppings
- In large skillet, over medium-high heat, add olive oil, onion, and bell peppers. Cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the black beans, shredded cabbage, frozen corn, brown rice, taco seasoning, lime juice, and garlic. Stir together and reduce heat to medium. Let it cook for about 8-10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Spoon mixture into corn tortillas and top with your favorite taco toppings.
Please note that this recipe does not call for dry rice. DO NOT add dry rice as there is not enough liquid to cook it. Use the ready-to-serve rice (as pictured above in the blog post) OR use leftover rice that is already cooked.